- Log in here to the Employers’ Portal if you have registered.
- Click here to register an account in the Employers Portal if you are a new user.
You can also click on this video for guidance on Employers’ Portal access.
For Employer Compliance Certificate Online Application User Guide, click here
The Higher Education Loans Board Act, 1995 demands that employers adhere to the law as stipulated below:
- Disclose Loanees: Inform the Board that they have employed loanee(s). This should be done within three months from the date of employment. (Section 16(1) (a) of the HELB Act)
- Deduct from the wages or remuneration of the loanee(s) the amount of any loan as instructed by the Board.(Section 16(i)(b) of the HELB Act).
- Discharge/remit the amount deducted from the loanee’s wages or remuneration.
All employers are required to :
- Act as per instructions released to them by the Board hence any loanee(s) with complaints relating to the Board’s instructions MUST direct such complaint(s) to the Board
- Discharge/Remit to the Board all deductions from the loanees’ wages or remuneration within 15 days after the end of each month.(Section 16 (2) HELB Act)