Procurement function at HELB is handled by the Procurement and Stores Section and is guided by the Public Procurement Act, 2005 & Public Procurement Regulations 2006 implemented by the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA). HELB advertises tenders requesting suppliers who may be interested to supply various categories of goods or services to participate. Suppliers who submit an expression of interest are evaluated as per the criteria stated in the tender document and those who qualify are included in HELB’s list of suppliers over the period stated in the document. It is from the list of suppliers that request for quotations are sent so that they (suppliers) may bid for goods or services required.
Vision of the Procurement & Stores Section
To be an efficient, effective and professionally run section providing world class Procurement and stores services to all clients.
Mission of the Section
To ensure that goods, works and services are procured in a timely, competitive and transparent manner guaranteeing value for money and enhancing customer satisfaction.
Core values and guiding principles
Strategic objectives of Procurement & stores section
- To ensure that all goods, works and services required for the smooth running of the Board’s operations are procured in a timely, transparent and competitive manner guaranteeing quality and value for money.
- To ensure that all procurements are carried out as per the Procurement Act.
- To provide quality customer care.
To be eligible to do business with HELB, a supplier is required to prove that they qualify to participate in public procurement by providing valid copies of the following documents:
- Tax Compliance Certificates,
- Trade license,
- Certificate of Business Registration,
- Audited Accounts or Bank statement for the last 6 months.