FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
HELB MPESA Wallet Guide.
The HELB loan mobile payment option is currently available on Mpesa, below is the procedure on how you can access and withdraw the funds from HELB Mini App.
- Download the MPESA App from Google App Playstore or Apple App Store or Huawei App gallery.
- Register on the MPESA App using your MPESA registered phone number, and make sure you are using data bundles from Safaricom.
- Login and go to the home page, then Categories, and to the Education tab.
- Select HELB from Education tab.
- Register on the HELB Mini app.
- Sign in using your MPESA registered phone number, and you will receive a verification code via SMS for login.
- Once you log in, kindly click on the home page tab to withdraw your funds to your MPESA using the withdraw button on the page.
Should you require further support, please email us on ContactCentre@helb.co.ke or call us on 0711052000
Subsequent Application on Mobile App
How do I get the HELB mobile app?
I do not have an android or a smartphone, how do I apply?
I have not received a One Time Password code (OTP)
What if I changed my mobile phone number?
How much does it cost me to do the application?
I do not have a Safaricom line how can I access the application?
My institution details are not correct. How do I edit?
Do I need to submit the physical loan application after I complete the application through mobile app?
What happens if the telephone number am using is not registered under my name?
What if I change my Mobile handset after initial registration?
What Loan applications are currently on the HELB App?
I never applied for the First-time Undergraduate application; Can I apply for subsequent loan through the App?
How much to I need to apply for?
I am not satisfied with my previous loan award.
HELB’s objective is to provide financial support to deserving Kenyan students enrolled in higher learning institutions (approved by the Commission for University Education). Both Government Sponsored and Self Sponsored Students (SSP) are eligible for the HELB Undergraduate Loans. However, for SSP students, all the payments are done directly to the institution’s account as tuition while Government Sponsored students receive upkeep payment in their individual bank accounts and tuition payment (directly to the institution’s account) of KES. 4,000 per semester.