Jielimishe Loan (For Salaried Students)
HELB takes the stress of fee payment off your mind to let you focus on your studies.
Education is one of the most important investments you can make in yourself. HELB offers Jielimishe Loan to employed students pursuing Professional Courses, Higher National Diploma, Bachelors, Postgraduate-Diploma, Masters or PhD degrees in Kenya. The loans are awarded per year and paid directly to the approved institutions of higher learning.
- Quick loan processing
- Competitive interest rate of 10% per year
- Flexible repayment periods of 12 – 48 months (72 months for Public Servants)
- Convenient and easy monthly check-off repayments
- Borrow up to 90% of your program fees to a maximum of Kshs. 600,000
- Affordable Credit Life Insurance Policy
- Admission letter from a recognized university/College in Kenya
- Certified copy of your last acquired academic certificate (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
- Three (3) months latest pay slips (certified by your employer)
- If you are employed on contract, please provide copy of appointment letter for a contract of not less than two years (certified by your employer)
- Certified copy of your National ID (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
- Certified copy of your KRA PIN (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
- Certified copy of National ID from two employed guarantors (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
- Recent colored passport size photograph of yourself
- Civil service (Ministries, Counties, National Police Service, Kenya Defense Forces)
- Public Commissions e.g. Teachers Service Commission, JSC, PSC, CAJ, SRC, CRA etc
- Parastatals e.g. KRA, NSSF, NHIF, NTSA, KWS, KFS, KPA etc
- Public Universities
- Selected Private companies (E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check whether your company is eligible)
- Loan applications are done online on www.helb.co.ke.
- Jielimishe loan repayment starts immediately upon disbursement to the training institution.