Education can be quite expensive but with our student loans, there is now a smarter way to finance your studies. We empower you with affordable loans to make it easier for you to pursue your studies. We are on your side!
How to apply as a First Time Applicant
- Access the Student Portal and click on “create an account” to register.
- Once the account is created, log in and select the appropriate TVET First Time Loan Application Form [TLAF].
- Read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy and participate in the brief exercise online.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled TVET Loan Application Form [Mandatory].
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities.
- Attach all the documents as per the checklist and present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form at:
- Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and secure delivery; OR
- HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi.
- Retain a complete copy of the TVET Loan Application Form [This is mandatory].
- Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online TVET loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
- It is recommended that students prudently manage their HELB loans once disbursed to cater for Tuition, books, stationery, accommodation, and subsistence.
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter from the institution.
- A copy of the applicant’s National Identification Card.
- Applicant’s KCSE result slip or certificate.
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards or death certificate where the parent is deceased.
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card.
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card.
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
Click here to download the Approved TVET Institution List.