Kenya School of Law (KSL) partnered with the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) to set up the Kenya School of Law Tuition Loan to offer loans to students sitting for their Advocates Training Program. Applicants Must be Students pursuing the Advocates Training Program at the Kenya School of Law.
Minimum of Kshs.40,000.00 and a maximum of Kshs.80,000.00 based on the level of need.
The loan caters for tuition and will be sent directly to the institution of study.
The interest rate applicable is 4% per annum on reducing balance chargeable upon disbursement.
The loans are due for repayment one and a half years after the first sitting of the Bar Exams by the applicant.
The maximum repayment period for the loan shall be 2 years.
A loan processing fee of Kshs.500 is charged on each disbursement.
The loans are insured for loss of life and there is a premium/deduction that is charged.
- Applicants should visit the HELB website www.helb.co.ke to access the HELB Students’ Portal to register, create and activate account. (ensure you use your personal mobile number)
- Log in, and click Loan Application Tab, on the left dashboard.
- From the view window, select KSL Tuition Loan First Time Loan Application Form.
- Read and appraise yourself on The Financial Literacy program.
- Access and fill the loan application form online.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form. Ensure you preview the form and correct where necessary before you submit for printing.
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities. The Guide is provided on the last page of the form.
- Read, understand and sign to accept the Loan Terms and Conditions and Data Protection Consent form.
- Present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form and all the attached support documents at KSL Offices in Karen.
- Retain a copy of the duly filled and signed Loan Application Form. [This is mandatory]