Training Revolving Fund (TRF)
- This fund is set aside for Civil Servants in the National Government, County Governments, and National Police Service.
- The Ministry of Public Service works in collaboration with HELB to facilitate this fund.
- Usually students are awarded, between 30,000 and Ksh. 500,000.
- It an ideal loan with an interest of 4% per year.
- Examinable short courses of at least 3months.
- Post-graduate studies (Masters and PhD).
- Admission letter from a recognized university or training institution in Kenya.
- Recommendation letter from the employer.
- A copy of 3months latest pay slip with a net pay above 1/3 of basic pay (certified by employer)
- Certified copy of the national ID (certified by commissioner of oaths)
- Certified copy of KRA pin Certified copy of national ID from two guarantors employed within the civil service.
- Recent colored passport size photographs.
- Repayment is due 1month after disbursement through check of system.
- The maximum repayment period is 72 months [six years].
- Interest is 4% per year and an annual ledger fee of Ksh.4000.