HELB POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
HELB awards partial scholarships to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters or PHD) in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE]. The value of the scholarship award is Kshs. 200,000 and Kshs. 450,000 for Masters and PhD programmes respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the PhD.
- Letter of Admission into a full or part time Postgraduate university program
- Minimum undergraduate qualification of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division.
- Reporting for First year of study
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Innovation and Fisheries [STEM IF] and those courses which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If the applicant is a previous or current HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the loan.
The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration.
How to Apply:
- The applicant should register, access and duly complete the Postgraduate Scholarship Application (PGSA). The application is accessible through the Student Portal.
- After filling the required application details, click and submit the duly completed application then download and print the PGSA.
- Proceed to have the PGSA duly signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist.
- Scan the filled PGSA and all the attachments in PDF format as one document.
- Send the scanned PDF copy to email@example.com
- Geographical distribution and gender are considered during the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants from marginalized regions are highly encouraged to apply.
- The applicant shall be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee of Kshs.3,000 via MPESA once they click on the payment tab on the portal.
- Do not pay any individual to process your Postgraduate Scholarship Application.
- The 2021/2022 Postgraduate Scholarship Application deadline is 31st August 2021.