VISA OSHWAL AID
About Visa Oshwal
The Visa Oshwal scholarship is a partnership between HELB & Visa Oshwal Community. The scholarship funds Twenty (20) students per year for total tenure of study. Only government sponsored students have access to the scholarship. The scholarship is up to a maximum of Kshs. 100,000 per annum
- Be a Kenyan citizen with a residential status in Kenya
- Have sat for the KCSE or equivalent level not more than one year prior to the application
- Have obtained a mean grade of B+ or above, with at least B plain in English and Mathematics.
- Demonstrate need for financial aid
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, community service spirit, concern for others and talent.
- Provide reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be the secondary school head teacher.
- Provide a hand-written personal statement of at least 300 words giving reasons why the applicant deserves the scholarship.
- The applicant must show proof of placement at a university before the scholarship is awarded
- The applicant is expected to provide academic progress reports and reference letters from the university on a yearly basis to maintain funding for the ongoing period of study.
- The scholarship is paid directly by the funder to the student
Courses financed by the Fund:
- Fine Arts
- Business Studies and Management
- Political Science
- Information systems and technology
- Environmental Studies
How to apply:
- Applicants should access Visa Oshwal Scholarship Application Form [LAF] from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the printed form appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities and referees.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the LAF.
- Present the one copy of the LAF to HELB. Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF.