HELB POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
HELB awards partial scholarships to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters or Doctoral) in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the
Commission for University Education [CUE]. The value of the scholarship award is Kshs.200,000 and Kshs.450,000 for Masters and PhD programmes respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the PhD.
- Letter of Admission into a full or part time program
- Minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Reporting for 1st year of study
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and programmes which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the same.
The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration. The application runs from May-July every year. The applicant is required to correctly fill in his/her details, print two copies of the application form, appropriately have it duly signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated on the checklist.
Submit one copy of the form at HELB Student Service Centre, Anniversary Towers and select Huduma Centres. Applicant should retain one copy of the duly filled form for their records.
- Geographical distribution and gender is considered during the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants from marginalized regions are highly encouraged to apply.
- A non-refundable application fee of Kshs.3,000 is to paid directly to HELB Operations A/C NO 1104823047 KCB University Way Branch
- Do not pay any individual to process your HELB Scholarship Application.