VISA OSHWAL AID
About Visa Oshwal
- The Visa Oshwal scholarship is a partnership between HELB & Visa Oshwal
- The scholarship funds twenty(20) students per year for total tenure of study.
- Only government sponsored students have access to the scholarship.
- The scholarship is up to a maximum of 100,000 per annum
- Be a Kenyan citizen with a residential status in Kenya;
- Have sat for the KCSE or equivalent level not more than one year prior to the application;
- Have obtained a mean grade of B+ or above, with at least B plain in English and Mathematics.
- Demonstrate need for financial aid;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, community service/spirit, concern for others, talent, concern.
- Provide reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be the secondary school head teacher.
- Provide a hand-written personal statement of at least 300 words giving reasons why you deserve the scholarship.
- Show proof of placement at a university before the scholarship is awarded
- Expected to provide academic progress reports and reference letters from the university on a yearly basis to maintain funding for the ongoing period of study.
- The scholarship is paid directly by the funder to student and applicant.
This scholarship finances the following courses
- Business Studies and Management
- Fine Arts
- Political Science
- Information systems and technology
- Environmental Studies
How to apply
- Applicants should access Visa Oshwal Scholarship
- Application Form [LAF] from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the printed form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and referees.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on
- the last page of the LAF.
- Present the one copy of the LAF to HELB. Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF.
Click here to apply!